This simple salsa recipe is thanks to my partner on the ambulance. He created this salsa, and while it is super simple, with the addition of the “secret” ingredient you are sure to wow your family and friends. As a matter of fact, this salsa (or hot sauce as we call it in Texas) is so good that we have a running joke at work. If one of us comes in to our shift and mentions that they made salsa the night before and said person didn’t bring any with them, the other promptly announces that the offender is dead to them and we refuse to speak to them for awhile. The two of us will easily polish off a large bowl and and entire bag of tortilla chips because you can’t. stop. eating. this salsa. Really. It’s that good. This salsa is great on scrambled eggs, in burritos, on nachos, as a stand alone snack, and pretty much anything else you can think to eat it with. All you need are a few simple ingredients, the secret ingredient, and a blender or food processor (these are the two that we own and they are great machines).*
- 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 10.5 oz cans of Rotelle (Hot, Mild, or Regular)
- 2 fresh jalapenos (diced)
- Fresh cilantro to taste (we use an entire bundle of cilantro)
- Salt (to taste)
- The secret ingredient.......1 packet of Ranch seasoning
- Put all ingredients in the food processor (or blender) and process until blended and smooth. Serve warm or refrigerate.